Chief of Staff of the Philippine Armed Forces Felimon Santos Jr. has tested positive for COVID-19 and will face strict quarantine, and Defence Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, who had been in contact with Santos, will enter self-isolation, CNN Philippines broadcaster reported on Friday.
“He is well and in good health condition. He will be in his military quarters where he will continue the discharge of his duties and responsibilities,” the Philippine Armed Forces said, as quoted by the broadcaster.
According to the broadcaster, Santos will be continuously monitored by physicians at his military quarters and will not be admitted to a hospital.
On Monday, Santos said that he would go into self-quarantine after being in contact with an officer who was confirmed to have been infected by the virus, the broadcaster said.